Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So close yet so far away

Alrighty then. So I finished my sweater! YAY for me! Wove in the ends and everything. But something was stopping me from weaving in the ends of the sleeves.... they were bugging me. Here, let me show you:


This has happened to me before on my last sweater. The pattern decreases were all bunched up at the top. Then I knit straight from the elbow down to the cuff.

Looks funny.

I don't like it.

I showed the husband my finished sweater on me and he said: "Looks kinda big doesn't it?" He meant the sleeves. So it's back to the drawing board with them. Of course I ripped out my purple life line.

Thank goodness this yarn isn't slippery. I was able to rip back to the beginning of my first decrease.

I will let you know how I make out.

1 comment:

  1. Every time a pattern mentions sleeve decreases or increases, my nose itches. Haven't done enough of them to know if I'm going to get the "sweater waddle" or not. If I don't start working out again, I'll be needing that sleeve pouch! Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete